By Wendy Washington-Hunt of Autoimmune Wellness
Though this AIP version of “Pozole” Verde is lacking in actual pozole, the fresh, bright flavors, and warmth remain.
- 3 cups + 3 cups bone broth
- 3 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves (about ½ a bunch)
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated horseradish (optional)
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups diced white sweet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped, pre-cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- *Optional garnishes: cilantro, avocado slices, lime wedges for squeezing
- In a blender, whirl 3 cups of broth, spinach, cilantro, garlic, green onions, lime juice and horseradish. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and sauté for 5-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork soft.
- Add chicken and salt to the pot and stir. Add 3 cups more of broth and the green broth from the blender. Heat through. Taste for salt. Serve with garnishes. (Garnishes are optional, but the soup is better with them!)
This recipe is sourced from Autoimmune Wellness.