By Teresa Cutter of The Healthy Chef
The Nourish Bowl includes nutrient dense veggies, healthy fats, and quality proteins for a delicious and satiating meal.
- Greens – baby spinach, cos lettuce, rocket, kale, micro greens, sprouts etc.
- Proteins – nuts + seeds, tahini, hummus, organic eggs and wild-caught fish, organic chicken.
- Healthy fats – avocado, extra virgin olive oil, olives, nuts, seeds, tahini.
- Veggies – carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, zucchini, peas, cauliflower, sweet potato, roasted pumpkin or other seasonal veggies you love.
- Boosters – fermented veggies like kimchi or sauerkraut, tahini dressing, seaweed, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, dukkah enriched with turmeric, fresh grated ginger, raw chopped garlic.
- Dressings – hummus, pesto, extra virgin olive oil mixed with lemon, vinaigrette made with apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and olive oil.
- COMBINE kale, zucchini and iceberg into separate bowls.
- MASSAGE the kale with a little olive oil, lemon juice and salt for 1 minute until it starts to wilt……what I love about this salad is that it keeps well for 3 days in the fridge, so it’s a meal you can enjoy when you’re busy and stressed for time.
- DRIZZLE a little olive oil and lemon into the zucchini and toss through…you can also add fresh herbs or fold through freshly made pesto.
- SPREAD hummus over the base of 2 serving dishes.
- TOP with kale, lettuce and zucchini.
- CUT an avocado in half and arrange over each salad.
- GARNISH with pumpkin seeds and enjoy.