MTHF Vs Folic Acid in Recurrent Miscarriage
Andrew Whitfield-Cook interviews Carolyn on her Callout for candidates in her Trial. The interview delves into the MTHF controversy and how it affects fertility, miscarriage and a host of other conditions.
URGENT CALLOUT - MTHF IN MISCARRIAGE TRIAL
Carolyn talks to Andrew WHitefield-Cook about an urgent callout for all practitioners to help her find suitable candidates for her Ph.D. trial.
These candidates are your patients who have suffered multiple miscarriages.
UNMETABOLISED FOLIC ACID AND MTHF METHYLATION RESCUE
Listen in today as Carolyn Ledowsky takes us through the discoveries of her Masters thesis and her plans to shake the halls of orthodoxy with her Ph.D project. The data will tell what they will, but Carolyn says the evidence is mounting against folic acid food fortification and favouring 5-MTHF supplementation in those with single nucleotide polymorphisms, esp homogenous 677C>T SNP.
Mthfr, Anxiety, And Fertility With Carolyn Ledowsky From Mthfr Australia
Carolyn Ledowsky is the queen of MTHFR in Australia. She is the founder of MTHFR Support Australia, a Health Scientist, Researcher, naturopath, herbalist, and nutritionist. Carolyn has many areas of study under her belt, including a Bachelor of Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine, and additional diplomas in naturopathy and nutrition. Carolyn is currently doing her Ph.D. at the University of Technology Sydney to study the effect of different forms of folate on fertility in those with MTHFR polymorphisms.
In this episode, Carolyn shares her knowledge of MTHFR including:
- The three different forms of folate and the one she prefers to use with her patients;
- What is a “MTHFR polymorphism“, and how it affects your health;
- Common signs and symptoms of MTHFR polymorphisms;
- The importance of preconception care and how many generations are affected by preconception care;
- When we should be thinking about testing for MTHFR polymorphisms in children;
- The biggest environmental triggers that are altering children’s methylation pathways;
- The common foods that our kids should be avoiding or limiting, and why it’s a problem to consume these products;
- Plus SO much more.
Your Functional Nutrition Podcast Interview
In this episode, Carolyn and Dr. Jockers talks about:
- Learn about Carolyn’s motivation behind her study of the epigenetics of brain inflammation and mood disorders.
- Understand how a balanced combination of folate, B12, trimethylglycine, and B6 affect homocysteine levels
- Find out the ideal range of homocysteine and the danger it poses when it gets too high
- MTHFR: what is it, and why is it a big deal?
- Discover this bug-clearing pathway that produces 2 really key things to help clear bugs and relies highly on serotonin
- What brings out one of the most detrimental effects of methylation
- Factors you need to consider when evaluating if you have enough B12
The Co-Creating Wellness Podcast
In this episode, Gabe and Carolyn chat about:
- What methylation is and its role in stress management
- The methylation cycle and the significance of B12
- How chronic diseases arise from a combination of genetic predisposition and environmental triggers
- The importance of a personalised approach to health
- Genetic testing opening up a new path to recovery for many
- The key nutrients and lifestyle habits that can support those with methylation issues
- What’s always in Carolyn’s supplement cupboard
MTHFR & Autoimmunity
Liver and Gallbladder Rescue Summit
What you will learn:
- How your DNA impacts your detox pathways
- Why glutathione and mold detox don’t work for everyone
- What essential step should you take BEFORE detox?
Dental-Health Connection Summit
Tongue-Tie, MTHFR and Fertility
Gut and Microbiome Rescue Summit
Demystifying Methylation and the Microbiome
In this episode of The Health Chat, you will hear Carolyn discuss the importance of metabolised Folic Acid and the key differences between dietary folate and varied synthetic forms found in supplements and fortified foods and how they impact our general health and more specifically, fertility.
This highly informative podcast/vlogcast is designed to give practitioners an insight into the world of unmetabolised Folic Acid and how it has an impact on our health, pregnancy and fertility, with specific considerations for practitioners on how to help their patients and expand their clinic repertoire.
MTHFR: What the F?
The Wellness Couch chats with MTHFR AUST Director Carolyn Ledowsky -How Genetics and mutations affect your health
Would you like to better understand and control how your genetic makeup
influences your well-being?
What if you could improve your health by knowing if you have an MTHFR gene mutation?
MTHFR is a gene encoding for Methylene-TetraHydroFolate Reductase (MTHFR). MTHFR is an enzyme found within the human body. Playing a vital role in how the body uses folate (vitamin B9). It converts the folate you eat, into folate your body can use (Folate → 5-methyltetrahydrofolate). The MTHFR gene has the information needed to make this important enzyme.
Have you experienced miscarriages with no explanation?
Are you susceptible to depression and anxiety with no relief or founding cause?
Do you have chronic illness that never seems to improve?
This may be the show to listen to.
We’re chatting with MTHFR AUST Expert, Carolyn Ledowsky about MTHFR, genetic issues, anxiety, depression, infertility and more. You just might finally find your answers to improve your health.
Do You Have A Genetic Disposition That Makes You More Susceptible to EMF Exposures?
In this interview, discover:
- How, according to Carolyn’s research, some people have a genetic susceptibility that makes them more vulnerable in the face of EMFs
- An on-line resource that enables you to easily test if you have this genetic susceptibility – Carolyn also has a program to deal with it
- How chronic infections cause inflammation and affect your detox pathways and how this can also make you more sensitive to EMFs and many more…
MTHFR, Methylation and Fertility
Epigenetics and Beyond
Dr. Mark Donohoe interviews Carolyn Ledowsky to discover how MTHFR SNPs first came on her radar and how it changed her entire practice. Carolyn also discusses the world of interpreting genetic results for maximum clinical benefits.
Pioneering MTHFR and Methylation in Australia
Andrew Whitfield-Cook interviews Carolyn Ledowsky
Recognising the future clinical implications of methylation dysfunction and the MTHFR gene early on, Carolyn Ledowsky started MTHFR Support Australia and hasn’t looked back.
Carolyn’s debut into the world of MTHFR commenced when she noticed that so many of her patients had high red cell folate levels in their blood work. She embarked on a mission to discover the significance of this, and this led her to the MTHFR gene. Carolyn now sees chronically ill patients who have searched sometimes for decades to find the reason behind their ill health. Most of her patients have MTHFR mutations and/or associated methylation defects.
Is the MTHFR Gene Affecting your Fertility?
Saskia Roell interviews Carolyn Ledowsky on the importance of folate in fertility
The GUT Guru
By Sarah Chopra
Naturopath, Sarah Chopra, is passionate about gut health and will be exploring topics that can either impact your gut in a positive or negative way. Sarah will talk with experts and specialists and diagnostic testing, nutrition and how our environment can impact your gut health.
Interview with Nicole Biljsma
Carolyn Ledowsky interviews Nicole Biljsma
Building Biologist Nicole Biljsma speaks to Carolyn about her fertility journey with multiple miscarriages and how your home environment is so crucial.