Brown Rice Pilaf
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped coarsely
- olive oil spray
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 trimmed celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¾ cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced
- Place sweet potato on lightly oiled oven tray, spray with oil and roast uncovered for 25 minutes until tender.
- Bring stock to the boil in a small saucepan, reduce and simmer uncovered.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan: cook onion, garlic and celery until soft.
- Add mushroom and rice: cook, stirring every 2 minutes. Add stock, reduce heat, simmer, covered for about 50 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in sweet potato, rind, and parsley.
- Serve with protein of your choice