Organic Chicken Bone Broth w/ Ginger Aromatics
- 1.2 kg organic free range chicken carcass
- 6 litres filtered water
- ½ teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1 onion, cut in half and gently charred in a hot dry pan
- 300 g carrot
- 100 g celery
- 2 organic / organic chicken breast fillets
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 600 g Savoy Cabbage, cut into 150 g wedges (see notes)
- handful spring onion, sliced
- handful coriander leaves to garnish
- Place chicken carcass into a stock pot with 6 litres of filtered water.
- Add sea salt, onion, carrot, ginger and celery.
- Simmer partially covered over a low heat for 5 hours, skimming the broth regularly to remove any surface fat and scum.
- Strain the stock through a fine muslin.
- Refrigerate overnight and remove all the excess fat that solidifies over the top.
- Heat the stock and add the Chicken breast.
- Gently poach the chicken for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove and slice thinly.
- Trim the Savoy cabbage then cut into 4 large wedges.
- Pour 1 cup of the chicken stock into a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the cabbage wedges and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook for 5 minutes until tender but still crisp.
- Transfer cabbage into serving bowls and add the sliced chicken breast.
- Pour over the bone broth and garnish with spring onion and coriander. Enjoy!