Best Baked Cod
This baked cod is my easy and foolproof recipe for perfectly flaky fish, every time. A simple buttery and garlicky herb topping transforms simple cod fillets into a light and healthy weeknight dish.
BAKED COD INGREDIENTS
Garlic and butter will always be a dynamic duo when it comes to flavoring seafood. But here’s a few other things you’ll need.
- Cod: Look for wild Atlantic or Pacific cod varieties.
- Butter: I use unsalted butter so I can add as much salt as I want to this recipe.
- Garlic: Fresh is the way to go here, but you can use garlic powder in a pinch.
- Parsley: Go with Italian flat-leaf parsley in the garlic butter and as a garnish. Not a fan of parsley? Try chives, thyme or other herbs!
- Lemon: Fish and lemon are best friends!
- Paprika: Add just a touch to elevate the flavor profile.
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT BAKED COD
Pan searing is one way to achieve that beautiful crust. But I find that baking it in the oven is hands down the most foolproof method. Here’s how to make it.
- Make the garlic herb butter. Stir the topping ingredients together.
- Coat the fish. Smear the garlic herb butter on the cod filets.
- Bake the fish. Once the fish is flaky, it’s ready to serve.
HOW TO KNOW WHEN BAKED COD IS DONE
A white fish like cod is done when you can flake it with a fork. But it’s always best to cook fish to its proper temperature of 145°F/63°C.
This recipe was sourced from Downshifttechnology.com