Carob Banana Bread
- 2 cups spelt flour (you can use almond flour, hazelnut flour, gluten-free flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125g/4.5 ozs butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup good quality carob chips (or 1/3 cup cacao powder)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Mix the butter, honey, bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, and carob chips into a separate bowl then add to dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick or baking paper lined loaf tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tested with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Freeze when it has cooled completely.