- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ cup French green lentils
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, washed and finely sliced
- 100g (3.5 ozs) baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups water
- Generous pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 bunch basil, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 60ml (2 fl ozs) cold pressed olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- ADD basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt and pepper into a high performance blender.
- BLEND until desired consistency.
- TASTE pesto and add extra lemon juice if needed.
- STORE in a glass jar and use as needed.
- SAUTE leek, bay leaves and thyme in the olive oil until softened.
- ADD the lentils and 4 cups of water then bring to the boil.
- REDUCE the heat and add the kale.
- SIMMER for 25 – 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- ADD baby spinach and through until wilted.
- BEFORE serving, mix through 2 – 3 tablespoons of Goodness Pesto in to the soup.
- TASTE and adjust the seasoning to your requirements.
SERVE and enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration:
This soup is delicious served the next day as the wholesome flavours infuse into the broth.
Goddess pesto can be made in advance and use as needed.
*This recipe is sourced from The Healthy Chef