- 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus a little extra for brushing over the pastry
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced into 3 cm / 1¼” pieces
- 250 g / 8 ozs frozen spinach or substitute leaks if oxalate/histamine issues
- 6 ready-cooked chicken thighs (or see tip, below)
- 350 ml / 12 fl ozs hot chicken stock
- ½ Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200 g / 7 ozs frozen peas
- 200 ml / 7 fl ozs half-fat crème fraîche
- ½ small bunch tarragon, leaves finely chopped
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 270 g / 9½ ozs pack filo pastry or top with gluten free pastry, mashed potato or mashed pumpkin
- Heat oven to 200C/180C (392/356 F) fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish on a medium heat. Add the spring onions and fry for 3 mins, then stir through the frozen spinach and cook for 2 mins or until it’s starting to wilt. Remove the skin from the chicken and discard. Shred the chicken off the bone and into the pan, and discard the bones. Stir through the stock and mustard. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5-10 mins.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraîche and herbs, then remove from the heat. Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little oil and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.