MTHFR Support

NOX-Dependent Signaling Dysregulation in Severe COVID-19: Clues to Effective Treatments

The ongoing pandemic disease named by the World Health Organization (WHO) coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), is caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the seventh confirmed RNA single strand beta coronavirus infecting the human beings. According to the WHO, to date (November, 10th 2020), SARS-CoV-2 has affected 50,459,886 people and caused 1,257,523 deaths in the world.

Around 80% of people affected by SARS-CoV-2 infection is asymptomatic or present mild to moderate symptoms, mostly restricted to the upper and conducting airways, often including anosmia and ageusia. The other 20% develops a more critical clinical situation needing hospitalization, which progress, in 5% of cases, in a severe respiratory syndrome requiring ventilatory support and even death ().


Scroll to Top
Carolyn Ledowsky

Stay Connected!

Sign up for our monthly newsletter with current MTHFR research, health tips, recipes, special offers and news about upcoming events including Carolyn’s live Q&A.