Coconuts are super rich in fiber, which makes them a great choice for our gut health.
Coconut also provides us with iron, potassium & phosphorus. They are rich in fat, which helps keeping us full longer & absorb all the fat soluble nutrients.
WALNUT FIG COCONUT ENERGY BALLS
- ca. 1/2 cup, a bit more (80g) rolled oats
- ca. 1/3 cup (30g) ground walnuts
- ca. 1/4 cup (20g) shredded coconut, and more for coating
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried figs chopped
- cinnamon to taste
- If needed, 1-2 tbsp water
In a food processor, ground oats a bit. You can skip this step if you want.
Combine oats & shredded coconut in a sauce pan & roast it a bit on a stove, middle temperature. Until they release the smell, then let them cool.
Combine dried figgs, almond butter & honey in a food processor, until smooth.
In a bowl, combine the mixture with oats & coconut. Knead until a dough is formed. If it’s crumbly, add tbsp or two of water.
Form balls & coat them with shredded coconut.
Keep in the fridge & enjoy!
Recipe sourced from ninasempire.com