Coconut and chilli poached chicken with mixed rice
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 cups (1L) Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 2 tbs hot chilli condiment or chilli bean paste (from Asian food shops)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 5cm piece (25g) ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked, roots trimmed and washed
- 2 x 200g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) brown rice
- 1/3 cup (60g) black wild rice
- .44 lbs green beans, blanched, refreshed
- Thai basil & mint leaves, to serve
1. Place coconut milk, chicken stock, chilli condiment, lemongrass, ginger and coriander root in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring to combine.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Set aside, covered, for 25 minutes (the chicken will cook through in the hot stock). Remove cooked chicken from stock and set aside. Stir fish sauce, lime juice and maple syrup through stock. Set aside.
3. Cook rices according to packet instructions. Divide among serving bowls and ladle over some stock (remaining stock can be stored, frozen in an airtight container, for another use.) Using two forks, shred chicken and divide among bowls. Top with beans, Thai basil, mint and coriander leaves to serve.
Sourced from Delicious.com.au