- 1 sweet potato, roughly chopped into dice with the skin still on
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200ml chicken stock
- ½ tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the sweet potato, pepper, onion and garlic on a baking tray. Sprinkle with the paprika and seasoning, then drizzle with the oil. Toss together. Roast for 30 mins or until beginning to brown.
- Tip the roasted vegetables into a blender (or use a stick blender) with the coconut milk, stock, sriracha and maple syrup. Whizz until smooth. Pour back into the pan and heat until piping hot. Check for seasoning, and pour into a flask. Serve with soda bread or toasted sourdough.