- 500 g carrots and parsnips, cut into long chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup (120g) fresh rice bread breadcrumbs (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt to season
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 x 200 g pieces white fish, bones and skin removed
- lemon, greens, Greek yoghurt, aioli or avocado mayo to serve.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the carrot and parsnips together on a baking tray then drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 35 – 45 minutes or until golden.
- While the carrot and parsnips are roasting, combine the rice crumbs, parsley and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Beat the egg in another bowl and set aside.
- Dust the fish fillets lightly with the rice flour, making sure to remove the excess.
- Dip the fish in the beaten egg followed by coating in the rice crumb blend.
- Cook fish in a non-stick pan, on medium heat, for 3 minutes each side until golden. For thicker pieces of fish, place them onto a baking tray lined with non-stick paper and finish off in the oven for 5 – 8 minutes until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the fish alongside oven baked carrot and parsnip chips and enjoy.