Turkey Schnitzel with Pear and Hazelnut Salad
Recipe of the week
- 500g turkey breast (Serves 3)
- ½ cup rice crumbs 1 egg (whisked)
- 2 tsp olive oil to grease the pan
- 2 handfuls of fresh rocket
- 1 pear sliced with a peeler
- ½ avocado cubed if tolerated
- 1 handful of hazelnuts crushed
- ½ small red onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 teaspoon of water
- Trim any skin and excess fat of the turkey breast and flatten with a meat tenderizer.
- Dip each portion into the egg and then coat with crumbs. Repeat until all the meat is coated.
- Heat the oil in the pan on a medium heat and when ready place each portion in the pan and then cover with the lid. Combine all salad ingredients together and toss with the dressing.
- Check the turkey and flip to cook the other side. Should take approximately 8 minutes each side.
- Rest the meat for 2 minutes after cooking and serve with the salad.