Are you wondering how your MTHFR result may influence your ability to fall pregnancy, affect your pregnancy or the health of your future child?
Here are is our short but powerful list of top 5 action steps for addressing MTHFR in preconception periods:
- If you haven’t already, get tested! This will give you the vital information about the level of care or support your MTHFR genes will need, dictate your treatment plan and highlight the genetic presentation of your family for generations to come! Read our FAQ’s page here for more national and international guidance on how to do this.
- Even if you have no personal or family history of fertility or pregnancy-related disorders, do not let you doctor or practitioner disregard your MTHFR result. Both females and males MTHFR result impact the health of the foetus equally, and should be taken into consideration when developing a preconception health care plan. Read more about why in this post here.
- Once you have your MTHFR results, work with a professional well educated in MTHFR, where they will analyse your MTHFR gene result, order necessary testing and take a comprehensive health history in order to understand how your MTHFR gene result is affecting you personally, and create a comprehensive treatment program to support you before and during pregnancy.
- Ensure your lifestyle is aligned with an optimal pregnancy. This means low to no toxins applied to your skin or in the home, stress management and regular exercise for both partners. You can access our top diet and lifestyle tips for MTHFR in preconception by joining our free 10-day email course here.
- Really focus on receiving as many nutrients through your diet as you can, by filling your plate with whole, fresh foods, ditching processed and junk foods and limiting your sugar, gluten and dairy intake if needed. Eliminating all foods fortified with folic acid and filling up on natural sources of folate (leafy greens, lentils and beans) is a great food-as-medicine way to support your MTHFR gene.
MTHFR Expert and Founder of MTHFR Support Australia