Carrie is based in North America.
Carrie has more than 10 years experience helping people with complex health cases. Her love of problem solving helps her excel in the role of functional medicine nutrition.
Her areas of expertise include:
- Anxiety - patients may present with constant worrying, panic attacks, rapid heart beat, irritability, difficulty concentrating, difficulty staying on task, ADHD, and/or sleep disturbances.
- Depression - patients may present with a persistent sad mood, hopelessness, loss of interest in activities, low energy, insomnia, thoughts of self harm, OCD, and/or difficulty making decisions.
- Fatigue - patients may present with low or no energy, muscle or joint pain, headaches, changes in body weight, hair loss, excess yawning, and/or craving carbs.
- Digestive health - patients may present with gas, bloating, diarrhea or loose stools, constipation, heartburn/acid reflux/GERD, hemorrhoids, and/or nausea.
Carrie’s assessment includes collecting a detailed health story, clinical lab testing (e.g., organic acids, stool, functional blood chemistry) and applying a deep knowledge of neurotransmitter pathways to establish the root cause(s) of her patients’ health concerns.
She combines an understanding of genetic susceptibility, environmental factors, and nutrient deficiencies that impact the health of her patients. She works in therapeutic partnership to educate, inspire, and coach patients to optimal health.
Carrie’s personal health challenges began as a kid. She struggled with allergies, recurring strep throat, constipation, and kidney stones. Her struggles continued into adulthood with fatigue, back pain, anxiety, depression, insomnia and infertility. After fulfilling her lifelong dream to become a mom, she stepped away from her corporate career as a Business Systems Analyst to pursue a career in holistic health.
Carrie’s education and certifications include:
- Methylation and Genomics Certification
- Certified BioIndividual Nutrition Practitioner™
- Certified Functional Nutrition Counselor
- Kalish Method ™ Mentorship Certification
- IIN Certified Holistic Health Coach